Spring Break is on our doorstep and with it the promise of a vacation from distance learning. Couple that with lovely Spring weather and the possibilities are endless. Morse is inviting you to take the Screen-Free Week Challenge. While it may be impossible to go 168 hours without picking up your smartphone or checking your email, aim for a reduction in tv, movie-watching, gaming, instagram, youtube, etc.
The following Google Site was created to give you access to ideas in how to accomplish this: Morse Screen-Free Week Challenge
- Simply click on the link above. Scroll through the site.
- Check out the challenge (dates April 20-26).
- Skim leisurely through the list of 82+6 Screen-Free Activities.
- Make choices.
- Schedule a few a day.
- Enjoy doing some new or beloved screen-free activities.
- Invite your immediate family members to do some with you.
- Download a copy of the Bingo Board.
- Fill in the numbers of the activities you took part in on the board.
- When the board is filled (all 25) submit it by filling out the form.
- One entry per person.
- All entries must be received by May 1st.
- One winner from each class + staff (gift certificates listed) will be chosen at random.
Please have fun with this, try something new. Don't beat yourself up if you find yourself staring at a screen! Simply be aware and try to limit screen-time as much as possible. Your eyes and mind will thank you for giving them a rest!
Have a lovely April Break!!!
Cheers, Jen Jones